Quincy Media Inc. is seeking a strategic GM/GSM for WSIL, the ABC affiliate in the Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Harrisburg DMA. WSIL has a long track record of success in southern Illinois with news, sales and community service. In addition to ABC, WSIL multicasts the Heroes and Icons network and a weather radar channel.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- P&L management – responsible for profitability
- Strong sales background and orientation
- Protect the FCC license
- Oversees department heads and local sales team
- Creates and communicates a clear vision and plan to staff
- Ensures station compliance with all regulatory bodies/policies/laws
- Sets performance expectations throughout the organization
- Community Involvement
- Practices accountability throughout the organization
- Strong Communicator
- Builds strong teams
- 5 years of sales management experience preferred
Applicants should have a demonstrated track record and must have a significant amount of senior level management experience in the television industry.
WSIL is licensed to Harrisburg, Illinois with studios in Carterville, Illinois, between Carbondale and Marion. Carbondale is home to Southern Illinois University.
Quincy Media Inc. is a family-owned media company which believes localism and community service are prerequisites to excellence in broadcasting. Learn why our company has a great reputation at www.QuincyMediaCareers.com.
To apply, e-mail your resume to:
Regional Vice President, Quincy Media Inc.
WSIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer