Newscast Director/Master Control Operator – KWWL

Careers-KWWL

KWWL, the NBC affiliate serving the 92nd largest market, is seeking a highly motivated Newscast Director for its award-winning, state of the art, fast-paced production and master control facility.

This position is accountable for coordination and production of newscasts and cut ins within station guidelines in a manner that will attract the largest possible viewership. The position is also accountable for master control operations, including ingesting/timing out local content and monitoring automated playlists for three stations.

We are looking for a multi-tasking candidate that supports our commitment to serving the communities of eastern Iowa.

Qualifications include, but are not limited to:

• High school and/or technical school graduate. College courses or equivalent experience desirable.
  • Willingness to learn and grow in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
  • Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly and effectively.
  • Ability to effectively communicate and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
  • Capable of analyzing and correcting technical problems.
  • Experience with video production desirable.
  • Familiarity with Ross Switchers, Ross Overdrive Automation, Ross XPression graphics system, Yamaha audio consoles, Harris/Imagine Master Control Automation a plus.
  • Knowledge of FCC requirements for broadcast facilities, including transmission and tower light monitoring/logging and EAS notifications a plus.
  • Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and Encore a plus.
  • Experience with lighting and set design a plus.

Requirements:

• Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb tall ladders, move studio cameras, and set pieces.
  • Must have valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
  • Vision, speech, and hearing abilities that facilitate a rapid response to changes during a newscast.
  • Possess manual dexterity to quickly move between various positions.
  • Must be capable of traversing snow-covered terrain to remove snow from satellite dishes.

The Waterloo-Cedar Rapids-Dubuque-Iowa City market is a great place to live with numerous colleges and universities, good quality of life, ample recreation and close proximity to Minneapolis, Chicago and Des Moines.

KWWL is proud to be a Quincy Media station. Learn why our family-owned broadcast group has a reputation as one of the best media companies to work for at QuincyMediaCareers.com.

Send your resume to:

Michael Kjose, Operations Manager
mkjose@kwwl.com
KWWL Television, Inc.
511 E. 5th St. Waterloo, IA 50703

KWWL Television, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Author Profile Photo

Quincy Media