Do you have a passion for producing? WPTA Television, Inc., Fort Wayne, Indiana, is seeking a producer to join its 55-member news team.
The successful candidate must be able to produce a creative, compelling, visually appealing newscast every day. You must be able to manage content on multiple platforms: TV, web, mobile and social media.
We’re looking for a hard-working journalist who can create an experience for viewers, not simply write and organize news copy. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must. The person we hire will have a record of aggressively using social media. Candidates should have clear and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Produce newscasts on a daily basis
- Contribute, write and proofread stories
- Post text, pictures and videos to digital / social media platforms
- Participate in station community-related partnerships
Requires / Qualifications
- Experience in live broadcast news environment preferred
- College degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Rich with ideas for coverage
- Work very well under deadline pressure
- Self-motivated while motivating those arounds you
Submit your cover letter and resume with references, plus online links to your work to Jonathan Shelley, News Director at email@example.com.
WPTA is part of Quincy Media, Inc., a family owned company operating 20 television stations. Throughout QMI, positions are available for candidates with all levels of experience. Visit QuincyMediaCareers.com for links to all stations and opportunities.
WPTA-TV provides competitive compensation and excellent comprehensive benefits package, including 401k.
WPTA-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.