WEEK, Quincy Media’s successful station in Peoria, Illinois is seeking a veteran, dynamic leader for its news operation. Owning both the NBC and ABC affiliates in the market, WEEK serves Central Illinois with two separate award-winning news operations.
We need someone able to provide outstanding leadership to train, coach and inspire our journalists to create and deliver great stories in a multi-platform environment. Our next news director must know the importance of delivering on the brand promise and forging a strong connection with our viewers and users to grow ratings.
- Foster a performance culture with an emphasis on winning, excellence and innovation.
- Communicate the vision and strategy to newsroom and provide the daily direction on major stories, weather events and breaking news.
- Ensure ethical, balanced presentation through compliance with Quincy Media policy, FCC policy, federal and state laws, industry standards and our brand promise.
- Strong recruiter and team builder
- Prepare and execute annual newsroom financial plan.
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership which empowers others. Ability to resolve conflict quickly and directly.
- 3-5 years experience in newsroom management.
- Strategic thinking – can identify market opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Demonstrated team builder
WEEK is proud to be a Quincy Media station. Learn why our family owned broadcast group has a reputation as one of the best companies to work for in our industry by visiting: www.quincymediacareers.com. Send your resume to:
2907 Springfield Rd.
East Peoria, Illinois 61611