WSIL, Quincy Media’s successful ABC affiliate in Carterville, Illinois, is seeking a veteran, dynamic leader for its news operation.
We need someone who can train, coach and inspire our journalists to create and deliver great stories in a multi-platform environment. Our next news director must know the importance of delivering on the brand promise and forging a strong connection with our viewers and users to grow ratings.
- Foster a performance culture with an emphasis on accountability, excellence and innovation.
- Communicate the vision and strategy to newsroom personnel and provide the daily direction on major stories, weather events and breaking news.
- Ensure ethical, balanced presentation through compliance with Quincy Media policy, FCC policy, federal and state laws, industry standards and our brand promise.
- Strong recruiter and team builder
- Prepare and execute annual newsroom financial plan
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership which empowers others. Ability to resolve conflict quickly and directly.
- 5+ years’ experience in newsroom management.
- Strategic thinking – can identify market opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Demonstrated team builder
WSIL is currently undergoing a major infrastructure upgrade and will feature:
- New FX set in brand new studio
- 13’ x 4’ main anchor video array and 20’x4’ weather desk video array
- Ross overdrive automation with robotic cameras
- Market leader in drone technology with eight FCC certified pilots
- Avid INews
- Avid Non-Linear news editing with portable laptops for all staff
WSIL is proud to be a Quincy Media station. Learn why our family owned broadcast group has a reputation as one of the best companies to work for in our industry by visiting: www.careersatquincy.com. Send your resume and letter of interest describing how your experience proves you exceed the minimum qualifications indicated to:
WSIL Television Southern Illinois, Inc.
1416 Country Aire Drive
WSIL Television Southern Illinois, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.