The New Jersey Herald is seeking a Circulation Director to join our management team.
Primary responsibilities are; directing, developing, and implementing strategic initiatives that maximize circulation growth, retention and budgeted revenue and expenses of the New Jersey Herald.
- Develop and implement strategies and sales programs to achieve home delivery and single copy circulation growth.
- Maintaining existing customers through consistent, quality distribution of products and exemplifying outstanding customer service.
- Monitor and analyze service results daily; insure the timely follow up and resolution of all subscriber service problems; develop programs to ensure the achievement of subscriber service complaint goals.
- Training and development of personnel.
- Manage all Kiosk sales efforts by establishing monthly sales goals.
- Professionally represent the New Jersey Herald when in contact with the public
- Prepare and submit annual budget which includes expenses and revenue.
- Prepare monthly revenue forecast for the Publisher.
- Maintain communication within the Circulation Department and other departments.
- Maintain fleet vehicles.
- Prepare and submit various reports to the Publisher.
- At least 3+ years of managerial experience in a newspaper or customer service related industry.
- College degree with a preference in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Communication or Advertising is preferred, but not necessary.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Knowledge of NEWSCYCLE, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and the ability to work with proprietary or relational databases is required
- Ability to manage and motivate staff and contractors.
What We Offer:
- Positive & Friendly Work Environment
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- Full Benefit Package
- Paid Time Off
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
New Jersey Herald
Attention: Robin Fichter, Human Resources
2 Spring Street
Newton, NJ 07860