KWWL, the NBC affiliate serving the 90th largest market is seeking a highly motivated Newscast Director for its award-winning, state of the art fast paced production and master control facility. This position is accountable for coordination and production of newscasts and cut-ins within station guidelines in a manner that will attract the largest possible viewership. The position is also accountable for master control operations, including ingesting/timing out local content and monitoring automated playlists for three stations. We are looking for a multi-tasking candidate that supports our commitment to serving the communities of eastern Iowa.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• High school and/or technical school graduate. College courses or equivalent experience desirable.
• Willingness to learn and grow in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb tall ladders, move studio cameras and set pieces.
• Must have valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Vision, speech and hearing abilities that facilitate a rapid response to changes during a newscast.
• Possess manual dexterity to quickly move between various positions.
• Must be capable of traversing snow covered terrain to remove snow from satellite dishes.
• Ability to effectively communicate and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Capable of analyzing and correcting technical problems.
• Experience with video production desirable.
• Familiarity with Ross Switchers, Ross Overdrive Automation, Ross XPression graphics system, Yamaha audio consoles, Harris/Imagine Master Control Automation a plus.
• Knowledge of FCC requirements for broadcast facilities, including transmission and tower light monitoring/logging and EAS notifications a plus.
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and Encore a plus.
• Experience with lighting and set design a plus.
The Waterloo-Cedar Rapids-Dubuque-Iowa City market is a great place to live with numerous colleges and universities, good quality of life, ample recreation and close proximity to Minneapolis, Chicago and Des Moines.
KWWL is proud to be a Quincy Media station. Learn why our family-owned broadcast group has a reputation as one of the best media companies to work for at: www.careersatquincy.com.
Send your resume to:
Michael Kjose, Operations Manager
KWWL Television, Inc.
511 E. 5th St.
Waterloo, IA 50703
KWWL Television, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer